Saturday, February 20, 2010

Which Way to Go? PERCDC, RF, EXCEL

This Novemeber, I will be taking my licensure examination for Electronics Engineer, of course provided I will graduate this March (fingers crossed!). It may months away from now but I need to get myself the best preparation I can have. My review classes will start this May and I still have a hard time choosing the right review center. PERCDC, RF, and EXCEL have already made their claims of being the best, it just adds to my confusion.


On PERCDC...


This is the first review center that came to our school. As early as December of last year (2009), they have presented their center and I admit that they're pretty good. To add to their good advertising talk, they also said PERCDC will open a branch in Cagayan de Oro City (that's where I live). Wow, that's an interesting development. This means that I do not need to go somewhere far like Cebu or Manila to have my review. Also, they have this early bird promo until February 2010. Since most of us were very convinced at that time, I immediately grabbed the promo, paid the downpayment and reserved a spot here in Cagayan.


On RF...


A few weeks later, another review center came. This time it's REVIEW FOCUS or simply RF, a new review center with a new branch in Cebu. We thought they will just be wasting their time since most of us, if not all, had reserved in PERCDC. However, the RF owner caught us off guard. He blew our minds away, literally! I mean, to be fair with PERCDC, they had a black propaganda. Yes, he might have presented and claimed their strong lineup of reviewers, but he also pointed several issues not only in PERCDC but including EXCEL (where he was working before). So the following week, he scheduled a sample review to prove his teaching brilliance. And wow, again I said to myself, he's pretty good! What he was saying a week ago may seem true after all. So, at that point, we want to go RF, 'dahil sa lakas ng lineup!'


On EXCEL...


And here comes the third presentor, EXCEL Review Center, since 1991. Noteworthy: they were the only review center that brought with them their own mini sound system. Again, I thought I will be sticking to RF, but here goes this Excel VP with his own black propaganda. So much with that black propaganda, let me go to the bright side of their campaign. If PERCDC has Cagayan branch, RF with its "lakas ng lineup", Excel here boasts of its facilities. Not only they have a new building in Cebu this May, they claim to have the best materials needed for the best review experience. Proof? Anyone needs a proof? Well, they showed us a OCTOBER 2009 exam questionaire. What the?! I thought it only gets released after 4 years? I don't really know how got it, nor is it genuine, I'm only sure they are extremely confident with their facilities.



Last note...


Just this afternoon, PERCDC came back to our school, this time to have a sample review. The topic, Satellite Communication. The reviewer, a relatively new in the field of teaching, virtually unknown for most ECE students. He said he just graduated last 2004 and passed the board exam 2006. He claims he is not driven by money to teach, but with passion and gratitude. I have to say he looked passionate when he presented the lesson, even had the passion to go beyond the topic in order for us to see the bigger scheme of things that most oldie teachers forgot to share to their students. I thought he had a great presentation, no doubt about it. The problem is, it just makes me more confused on where to have my review.

I need to decide fast. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. ..hmmm actually i cant relate coz i never been experience dat kind of "review" before..but all i can say is that follow what's on your mind and heart..its also good if you ask your parents about it..Anyway that 3 review center were all good..mas tsada hinuon magreview kung kauban nimu tanan mga klasmates bt if i were you dd2 japon ku kung asa 2ng da best para sa akua :)...GUD LUCK KANE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What review center did you enrolled at? i got a hard time also choosing from the three. any suggestions? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be taking also the Board Exam For E.C.E, I would to know what Review center did you enrolled and can you give me more tips in choosing the right review center because like you I'm being confused of choosing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. As of 2021, PERC Cebu separated from PERC and evolved into MORPH. PERC is now just have the Manila and Cavite branch. I came from USTP. Most of my classmates chose MORPH but only 5 of us were enrolled in PERC Manila. Hopefully we will going to pass the ECE board exam and I am dreaming to be the first topnotcher of ECE board exam from USTP, if God's will.

    ReplyDelete